Great News for
Berkeley Lab Travelers!
Berkeley Lab Has an Account with Southwest Airlines (SWABIZ)
- SWABIZ is a Southwest Airlines internet site for business travelers
- It is a FREE online corporate booking tool that offers up to the minute seat availability - known as "direct connect"
- This account has no charge to LBNL and no ticket transaction fees or exchange fees!
- Tickets must be charged on the traveler’s LBNL USBank Corporate Visa Card or personal credit card - (cannot use the Lab ghost card)
- Traveler is reimbursed for flown/used LBNL official business tickets only
- SWABIZ is for Southwest flights/tickets - only
Create your own personal password account with the Lab’s SWABIZ ID number below:
- LBNL’s corporate ID is 99373772
- Website: https://www.swabiz.com/flight/swabiz-login
- No ticket transaction fees
- No fees to change reservations
- No baggage fees
- Fast online booking process
- View future and past travel information
- Reserve future travel based on your travel preferences and frequent trips
- Change itinerary online
- View and apply unused ticket - less funds to online reservations
Personal/vacation travel permitted with personal credit card
- Check flight status and flight notification via Text Messaging
- Purchase internet Click-n-Save fares
- Gain access to Southwest Airlines’ everyday low fares(Web Only Fares)
- Access to e-ticket receipts
- Earn double Rapid Rewards credits
- Buy Four, Get One Free - when you fly four round-trips within a 12 month period, you will earn one round-trip free - (see swabiz.com for further details/promotions)
Please remember, all airline tickets to foreign travel destinations must be made with our designated travel agency, Carlson Wagonlit Travel.
New Project & Activity IDs
The TREX travel reimbursement system is now up and running. The new Project and Activity information is now available for all new and existing authorizations and expense reports.
To look up the new Project and Activity, please CLICK HERE.
Note: You must clear cache (or browsing history) in the browser you are using to log into TREX.
State of California YCal Airfare Program
As of October 1, 2014, the State of California has consolidated their airfare program.
State of CA YCal airfares can no longer be issued by CarlsonWagonlit Travel.
The current State of California YCal Airfare Program is for contract year July 1, 2014 - September 30, 2015. The Laboratory will continue to be a participant in the State negotiated discount airfare program (referred to as YCal) for several city-pairs for travel within California and Out of State (only) while traveling on official business. No International YCal travel.
Click here for a complete list of YCal destinations:
- State of California Intra-California City-Pairs 2014
- State of California Out-of-State City Pairs 2014
The purchase of YCal tickets are optional and must be booked through the State of California’s contracted agency, the CalTravelStore. We have been provided with an 800 toll free number. Travelers will need to call 1-877-454-8785 and speak with a travel coordinator and provide additional information as needed. Traveler profiles will be built by CalTravelStore agents.
The agents are available from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM, Monday through Friday. After hours assistance is available in emergency situations.
We have established several restrictions/guidelines in which Lab travelers must abide. Click here to read them.
Questions: email TravelHelp@lbl.gov
For conference travel it is very important to note that no commitments may be made or money spent (e.g., registration fees, travel expenses - airfare, hotel, meals, etc. which could result in unrecoverable cost) - until a definitive approval or denial is provided by DOE, or a determination is made by DOE that approval is not required. All planned attendance to a conference must be coordinated with Conference Services.
Travel Announcement Archive:
- To read previously posted Travel announcements, click HERE.